Day 31 A & M Reservoir to Rawlins, Wy

 We rode 56.30 miles and had 1473 ft of elevation gain. We had about 20 miles of Ok dirt and gravel road before we hit pavement. We once again got on pavement and were greeted with a head wind that we fought until we reached Rawlins. We were told that there was a water cache that the city of Rawlins filled every day about 30 miles into our day. When you are told that, you depend on it to have water in it. We saw the maker on the side of the road and rode back to where the water tank was. Of course , the tank was empty. By the time we made it to the highway we were low on water. A truck and camper pulled over right next to us. I figured I had nothing to lose so I went up, explained our saturation, and asked if they could spare any water. The gentleman said we might not give people fuel, but we will never deny them water. He sat a 2 gallon jug of water on the edge of the bed of his truck and we filled up. We thanked him and began our 4 mile climb up to the continental divide. Every time I saw what I thought was the top as I crested it there was another hill to climb. We awarded ourselves with a good steak dinner, Beer, and shots of Tequlia. We camped at a KOA then decided we needed a rest day and got a room for the next day. .









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 GDMBR Hinton, Alberta to Robb. Alberta

My next adventure starts in a month

Pre ride preparation