Day 2 post ride across America

 On my second post ride day I got myself into Washington DC a little earlier  then yesterday. I tried to get a pass to go up into the Washington Monument  but failed.  One more chance tomorrow. I started off in the National Museum  of Natural  History. It was fascinating! I told Betty the hope diamond  would look beautiful  around  her neck. So much to see, so little time. I may go back tomorrow.  I had a pass to get into the air space museum  at noon. About  half of it was closed for renovation so it was just OK. I had some time so I walked the 1.2 miles to the National Postal Museum. It's  not for everyone,  but I  thought it was cool. They had a block of four Stamps my father  had dreamed of owning his whole life. It was a 1918 misprint of a airmail stamp of a Jenny airplane. The plane was printed upside down. Only 1 sheet of 100 stamps got in to circulation. After  that I went to the National  African American  Museum. I thought it was set up well and was very interesting. Time to hit the Metro and roll back to Vienna .

















Comments

  1. Fun Fun Fun....till they put that Diamond under Security glass......

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have time the Spy Museum is kind of fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get to sit in the Apollo space capsule? A moment I’ll never forget

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hope Diamond, wow! The Postal museum would be SO interesting if you ever collected stamps, I still enjoy them! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always forget about the Postal Museum, but of course it's one you'd like! It's such a cool building too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick. I used to have a poster of the inverted Jenny stamp when I lived in Ottumwa. I always thought it was cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa

Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De