Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De

 Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De 17 miles. My morning started out with a great breakfast from my Warmshower  host Brad. His wife Ann wanted to lead me on the trails to Rehoboth Beach. She was good  company along the ride. A lot of people  on the trail greeted her by name.  Ann pointed out the back yard of skeletons . It reminded  me of a similar  scene  in Gillette, Wy. She broke off about a mile to the beach to go visit her mother. As I was just getting to the end of the road three cyclists asked me how far I  had come from. When I  told them I  was just now completing  my  ride across the country  they volunteered  to help get me and my bicycle  to the water for pictures. I had a yummy coffee then enjoyed walking on the boardwalk. I locked my bike and walked along the waters edge for quite a ways. It was nice to feel the waves crash against  my legs. I had lunch and a couple of beers at Claws Seafood  House waiting for David to pick me up. When Dave  got to Rehoboth  we walked back to the beach to get his feet wet. On our way back to the car we stopped  at Kilwin's for ice cream. I told them it was me celebratory ice cream cone after riding across America. They gave us the cones for free, Thanks! Back across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, I'm  not sure why it scares people to cross the bridge. After riding 3650 miles from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean I'm  now back at his house in Vienna  planning my visit to Washington DC. 















Comments

  1. Congratulations! You did it! Great pictures to add to your album. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you taking your bike into DC ? Enjoy the sights. When and where do you catch your train back home ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking the train from Vienna to DC. I leave DC on the train for home .

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Rick! What an amazing accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Rick!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome accomplishment. We have enjoyed following you across the country. Ron Douglas

    ReplyDelete
  6. By bike is a great way to tour DC! Lots of bike lanes and super flat! We’re so proud of you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your accomplishment and thank you for bringing us along, Rodney

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa