My time is over in Gillete

 The Four days  in Gillette have been relaxing. I've walked downtown a couple of times, boxed up more things to send home to Betty, got in some reading, and watched  a lot of TV. I did knock on the skeletons house door and no one was home. My new rear wheel arrived today and I'm  ready to ride. I was on track to make Ragbrai  before this delay happened.  My station manager Allison and her husband are driving to Iowa to ride Ragbrai. They are picking me up tomorrow and dropping me off in Mitchell, SD tomorrow afternoon. I'll  have about 160 miles  to make it to Sioux City by Saturday  afternoon. Just in time for the start of Ragbrai  on Sunday.








Comments

  1. Goodbye Wyoming.....Hello IOWA 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you mean Mitchell, South Dakota?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little info on the skeleton house . . https://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/news/local/article_b534a02d-1c01-59c5-a0a7-123d941d24b2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you will be able to ride Ragbrai!!! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going west to Glacier, and in opposite directions of each other! Maybe we’ll see you in passing! Safe travels and enjoy Ragbrai!! Iowa gal here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! You’ll be part of the 50th RAGBRAI- although last year when we rode was technically the 50th year…. I guess there’s no winner on the bet as no one was home to confirm or deny my theory🤣 You certainly have sent a lot home! It’s reminding me of Cheryl Strayed’s start of her hike on the PCT!! I love all the sculptures, especially the one of the little kids reading a letter right at the mailbox❤️ Can’t wait to see your RAGBRAI pix ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you found a way to make it to RAGBRAI. Barb and I have fond memories of our one year doing that ride!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa

Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De