Day 33 Coralville to Davenport

 Day 33 Coralville to Davenport 81 miles. It's  the last day of Ragbrai. My cousin  Connie made me these yummy  pancakes and bacon for breakfast. So glad I stayed at her house. When the storm hit all the people that were  staying outside the church I was supposed  to sleep in ended up coming inside. The crowds on the road seemed to thin out a little today. I think the heat of the last couple of days made some people drop out. The route today  was flatter, only 1900 ft of climbing. The general  spirit  of the riders was good. I was able to find my Mocha in West Liberty. Chatted  with several  people today. I talked to Susie that found out I  was from Spokane, then asked if I  was the one riding across the country. Turns out she'd met my friends Allison and Alvin earlier  in the week. Best part I  was her mailman  in Kendall Yards, small world. I got my last serving  of Beekmans  ice cream  before Buffalo.  I got to the dip site and Paul Gilbert  was waiting  for me. We got the picture  of wheel dipping, then he lead me back to his house.






Comments

  1. Such adventures, thank you for the diligent updates...love your photos along the way. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ricky and Lil Stoker! Was there a party following at the Gilbert’s or a couple of cold beers, a shower and crash?😄 I never heard if there was a Bad Decision Day and did you ride the Karras Loop? Perhaps that’s just a Mothership Event…. Hopefully that crazy heat is behind you for the rest of your journey to the Atlantic🤞

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet....Another Ragbrai in the books. Carry on our Wayward Friend...just kidding 😎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa

Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De