Day 31 DesMoines to Tama/Toledo

 Day 31 DesMoines  to Tama/Toledo day 5 of Ragbrai., 93 miles.  I left with Mike about 6. Riding out of DesMoines  there were some killer hills.  The first  through towns were really boring with not a lot of food vendors. I thought I would  move on to Newton, but again nothing I ended up with a couple breakfast  burritos  from McDonald's. The ride had lots of hills with 4125 feet of climbing and it was very Hot. The route took me on gravel  for about 2 miles. We  are tenting at our hosts tonight, kind of hot to sleep outside.We are close enough  to get to the concert venue. Foghat  was really good










Comments

  1. I bet you sleep well once you fall asleep! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was the concert...and did they plan that just for the riders?
    Foghat...heck yeah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I send you “cooling meditations”’ to ponder while pedaling. Lord knows I would have already died in this year’s heat 🥵 I heard Lynard Skynard is playing at some point? So weird the towns didn’t have more food vendors in that neck of the woods. Eating at McDonalds is almost sacrilegious on RAGBRAI but a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do….

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa

Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De