Day 28 Sioux City to Storm Lake, Day 29 Storm Lake to Carroll







 Day 28 Sioux City to Storm Lake  66 miles. First  day on Ragbrai, First 10 miles was nerve racking with al the people learning  to ride in the mass. Cleared up a little after the first through town. Most of the riders in my group leave early, so by the time I  roll out at 7 I'm  the last one. Plenty of people to keep me company. I chatted  with people along the way.  I got to the host families  house about two. What a beautiful  home close to Storm Lake. They made us a great  dinner  of pulled pork sandwiches,  Mac & cheese, and baked beans. 

Day 29 Storm Lake to Carroll  58 miles. Our host family sent us off with a breakfast  pizza. A lot flatter  ride then yesterday. In Lake View I  found a wonderful  coffee shop for my morning  Mocha. I had a great chat with James from Northern CA. He has been on many cycling  adventures including riding the Continental Divide  trail. In Breda I  had a yummy steak and egg sandwich and  a piece of Strawberry/rhubarb  pie. Ragbrai  is famous  for their pie. I was glad to be done by 2 o'clock as it got really  hot. Our host family once again have a beautiful  home with a pool. They are also feeding us dinner. Oh, we all are sleeping in their house tonight.












Comments

  1. Wow! Your meals sound delicious! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Mow That's the kind of Roughing it that I could deal with.........unless it's Not riding a bike and it's a Really nice all inclusive Resort on a beautiful beach right outside 🤔😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you suppose your accommodations are so fabulous due to the fact you’re riding with St Ambrose group vs the Mothership? Just curious if any of these hosts are alumni?! Geez I wish I could be there and we could roll out together at our usual 7:00 start. Did you do a repeat visit to the auditorium where Buddy Holly and Co played? Have some pie for me please - berry if you can find it ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you made it to Iowa in time! It sounds like you are having a great time, even with the masses of humanity! All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed meeting you, would love to catch up
    Again! You pick the coffee shop! Enjoy your ride! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa

Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De