Day 30 Carroll to Ames day 3 of Ragbrai Day 31 Ames to DesMoines

 Day 30 Carroll  to Ames 88 miles.  I rolled  out at 6:30 to try to beat some of the heat. The road was crowded until I blew past the first through town.  Then it thinned out. I supported the Methodist  church in Jefferson buying one of their breakfast burritos. I fought head winds most of the day. Lunch stop was Mr Pork Chop while I  listened  to a great brass band. I hand to make my Lemonade stand stop.We stayed with my friend since kindergarten, Travis and his wife Linda. Loved petting their golden Mollie but had to look from a distance at their other golden  Chief. Lisa, another of my long-time friends since kindergarten  dropped by and we had a great chat. Her husband Marty and Lisa have participated  in lots of Ragbrai's. It was great to see old friends,  but then it was time  for bed.






Day 31 Ames to DesMoines 48  miles.Earlystart again today. I rode with  Allen. We ended up going off the Ragbrai  route and got on bicycle  trails to Ankeny. In Ankeny we stopped at Lisa & Marty's house and got refueled  on muffins  and coconut  water. Mike caught up with us there and we continued  to the host's house on bicycle  trails. The host is not even here we have the run of the house. There is good cold craft beer  in the refrigerator. Travis, Linda, Allen,Mike, & I went out for a late lunch. I had a pork tenderloin sandwich. Plenty to eat, I  passed on going out for dinner





Comments

  1. Great pictures!
    -Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are eating well! Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been watching the weather as you roll across the state - looks like it’s warm enough🥵 Any big lightning storms at night? Are you factoring in a Beekman’s ice cream stop? Very cool to be riding with friends you e known since kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last good lightning storm was in South Dakota. There's always room for Beekmans

      Delete
  4. Buds riding with buds...probable drinking some buds ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa

Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De