Day 18 Jackson, Mt to Twin Bridges, Mt

 Day 18 Jackson, Mt to Twin Bridges, Mt 77 miles. The morning started off so great. I got to sleep in a bed. I didn't  have to tear down my tent, I  had coffee from a coffee maker, and I  microwaved my oatmeal. It was a cold start 48 degrees but I  warmed up on the first climb to Big Hole pass at 7400'. A little downhill  then over Badger Pass at over 6700'. It was mostly  downhill  to Dillon where I  stopped at a great Mexican  restaurant  and got a giant chicken burrito.  I ate half and had the other half wrapped  and had it for dinner. The picture of the big rock is called Beaver head rock and the wooden  contraption is called a Beaver Slide. It was invented  in 1910 to make big hay stakes. I  made it another  28 miles to  Twin Bridges,Mt. I'm  staying in the city park that has a bicycling  only campsite. As I  lay here in my tent the sprinklers  have come on. It's  a good thing  I  put on the rain fly.












Comments

  1. Looks like a little Sag Wagon shaming in the cycling community ?
    All in good fun I'm certain. Stay dry and SAFE 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates…really enjoy all of them…what you are doing is pretty incredible…be safe…pedal hard and enjoy the tailwind when you can…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My journey is over

Night before we leave for Forks. Wa

Day 50 Harbeson, De to Rehoboth Beach, De